You can ship your art directly to us for an estimate. Simply print out the condition report, fill it out and enclose it with your artwork. We will notify you when we receive the package and have unwrapped it. We will then FAX or email a condition report and estimate in 1 to 2 weeks. You can call with any questions. Once we receive a "go ahead" the schedule usually is 4 to 6 weeks for completion.
Proper Packaging for Works on Paper & Canvas
1. Wrap item in water-proof material (plastic or polyethylene coated paper).
2. Cut two boards - Foam core or corrugated cardboard which are at least 4” larger than the object.
3. Center the plastic wrapped object on one board and secure with tape then tape the two boards together sandwiching the secured object.
4. Cut two rigid boards - plywood, masonite or tri-wall to same size as inner boards (4” larger than the original object).
5. Tape these boards to the inner boards using 3” wide tape around the entire perimeter creating a watertight seal.
6. Place an address label on outer board and cover label with clear tape.
7. Include a packing slip with your name/or Company name with contact person, address, phone number and description of items in package and place on board.
8. Wrap outer package and place a duplicate address label on final packaging.
9. Insure for correct value when applicable.
10. Always request a method of tracking the object while in transit.
Following these procedures will significantly reduce possible shipping damage